Dumpster Fire Interrupts Classes at Barrington High School

Barrington High School students and staff were evacuated for a short time period after a dumpster fire was discovered near the high school building. Trash near a compactor caught fire and was contained to the dumpster and compactor equipment. A smoke odor was detected inside the school building after the fire was completely extinguished.

Air quality test including CO (carbon monoxide) tests were determined to be safe, and students were able return to their classes after being outside in cold air for only a short time.