Bed on Fire in Apartment by Northpoint Shopping Center

Arlington Heights Fire Department finished off a smoldering bed fire that was extinguished with a fire extinguisher prior to fire department arrival. The fire was reported in an apartment in the 400 block of Circle Hill Drive directly behind Northpoint Shopping Center in Arlington Heights about 9:20 p.m. Wednesday.

Smoking materials are suspected as the cause of the fire. Firefighters often remove the entire mattress from the building to minimize water damage that would be caused by fighting the mattress fire inside the building.