Video of fire department operations at Vapor Bus International on Johnson Drive in Buffalo Grove.
Buffalo Grove Fire Department received a fire alarm activation at about 3:45 p.m. Monday and then call-in reports of a fire at Vapor Bus International at 1010 Johnson Drive in Buffalo Grove — located just west of Chevy Chase Country Club. Firefighters arrived to find the building evacuated and smoke showing through the roof. Many firefighters were just cleaning up from a house explosion and house fire that occurred on MacArthur Drive in Buffalo Grove at about 2:45 p.m. when they were called to respond to this second fire just north of Lake Cook Road and west of Milwaukee Avenue.
Medium, heavy smoke was visible from the Lake-Cook Road bridge west of Milwaukee Avenue as smoke poured out of roof vents of the factory building. Vapor Bus International makes automatic door systems as well as individual components such as actuators, door controls, door panels, seals, and door accessories for transit buses, commuter buses, intercity and tour coaches, and utility vehicles. An interior attack quickly knocked down the fire as an extra alarm was requested for mutual aid fire departments.
Fire Departments from Arlington Heights, Barrington, Countryside, Deerfield, Glencoe, Highland Park, Libertyville, Mundelein, Northbrook, Prospect Heights, Wauconda, and Wheeling assisted Buffalo Grove Fire Department.
Company website …
Vapor Bus International — A Wabtec Company — vapordoors.com