Boston Blackies: Fire in the Kitchen Hood Exhaust

 SUPPORT UKRAINE/DONATE NOW 

Boston Blackies Restaurant and Bar had a fire in the kitchen exhaust hood about 8:00 p.m. Saturday. A fire that started in a grease fat fryer extended up a kitchen exhaust hood, but quick firefighter action knocked down the fire. An automatic extinguisher and quick work from the Arlington Heights Fire Department contained the fire. Arlington Heights firefighters reported that the fire was not extinguished upon arrival and that the restaurant at 222 East Algonquin Road [MAP/SAT] was being evacuated. Mount Prospect Fire Department sent a fire engine to assist Arlington Heights Fire Department.


Ladder Tower 1 crew checked the roof in below zero weather.

A fire crew was sent to the roof to look for extension of the fire from the kitchen to the roof, but no firefighting was necessary on the roof. The building was completely evacuated and the restaurant was closed to the public for the night.

More …
Bostonblackies.com

Arlingtoncardinal.com is an Amazon Associate website, which means that a small percentage of your purchases gets paid to Arlingtoncardinal.com at no extra cost to you. When you use the search boxes above, any Amazon banner ad, or any product associated with an Amazon banner on this website, you help pay expenses related to maintaining Arlingtoncardinal.com and creating new services and ideas for a resourceful website. See more info at Arlingtoncardinal.com/AdDisclosure