At least 12 people were transported to area hospitals after high levels
of carbon monoxide caused illness at a warehouse at 971 Thorndale Avenue
Over 100 people signed medical refusals and were released. Levels of 500
ppm were reported. At 400 ppm people are known to experience frontal
headaches within 2 hours. At 800 ppm people can experience headaches,
dizziness, nausea and even convulsions with only 45 minutes exposure.
Fire departments from Addison, Des Plaines, Elk Grove Village, Elk Grove
Township, Elmhurst, Itasca, Rosemont, and Wood Dale reponded to the
scene. A physician was also called to the scene. Also, a Mobile
Intensive Care trailer resonded to the warehouse to accommodate a large
number of people.