Chimney Fire on Chestnut

Arlington Heights Fire department is fighting a chimney fire in the 2500

block of North Chestnut. A neighbor noticed fire coming out of the

chimney of the house and called the fire department. The homeowners were

unaware of any problem at the house. A thermal camera showed that a fire

was likely behind the walls in an upstairs bedroom and attic area near

the chimney. Interior walls were pulled away to find a fire in the attic

near the roof. The chimney was also dismantled at the top by a ladder

company from Buffalo Grove Fire Department to get to fire in the

chimney.

An alert neighbor and the careful work of rhe Arlington Heights and

Buffalo Grove Fire Departments prevented this fire from becoming a major

event.