Address: 660 N Westmoreland Rd, Lake Forest, IL 60045
Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital (NLFH) is a community-based hospital in Lake Forest, Illinois and a wholly owned subsidiary of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, one of the nation’s premiere academic medical centers.
The 201-bed hospital is on a 160-acre campus in Lake Forest and provides a comprehensive array of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services. At the main campus in Lake Forest, services include an inpatient hospital, a women’s center providing maternity and breast care services, a health and fitness center and a nursing care facility. The hospital has about 700 board-certified physicians specializing in 90 specialties on its medical staff.
Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital is a partner of Lurie Children’s Hospital in Chicago, one of the nation’s top-ranked children’s hospitals. A Lurie Children’s Outpatient Center and Lurie Children’s hospitalists and neonatologists provide infant and pediatric care 24 hours a day to patients at Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital.
Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital
The main hospital is located on a 160-acre campus at 660 North Westmoreland Road in Lake Forest. Also on the campus is the Westmoreland Nursing Center, Bays (900) Medical Office Building, McGaw (800) Medical Office Building, 700 Medical Office Buildings, Dearhaven Child Care and Learning Center, and the Lake Forest Health & Fitness Center.
The Northwestern Grayslake campus facility opened in 2004. Located at 1475 East Belvidere Road (Route 120) in Grayslake, Illinois, this location evolved quickly from an acute care center to a full-service outpatient campus. This location offers an Emergency Center, a Cancer Center and a Surgery Center.
Additional outpatient services include:
Satellite medical offices
Outpatient clinical services are delivered at facilities in Glenview, Gurnee-Brookside, Gurnee-Tower Court, Libertyville, Lindenhurst and Vernon Hills.
The original hospital was established in 1899 as Alice Home on the campus of Lake Forest College, and in 1942 a new hospital was built in its current location as Lake Forest Hospital. On February 1, 2010, Lake Forest Hospital completed an affiliation agreement with Northwestern Memorial HealthCare and became Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital or Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital.