A couple suffered fatal heat exposure injury from a malfunctioning furnace in their Maywood home this past weekend. According to the Maywood Police Department, the couple’s son called 9-1-1 at about 2:00 p.m. Sunday, October 4, 2020 to report that both of his parents were found unresponsive in their home.
Maywood Police reported that the son had come to the house to check on his parents. He discovered both parents unresponsive in the home, and noticed an abnormally high temperature in the home from a malfunctioning furnace.
Paramedics treated and transported the female victim, Ora Robinson, to Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, where she was pronounced dead Sunday night. Her husband Leevell Robinson was pronounced dead at the home.
An initial investigation determined the furnace unit had previously been serviced for a similar malfunction. Detectives are continuing the investigating of their deaths.
According to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office, the autopsy ruled that Ora Robinson and Leevell Robinson both died from heat exposure. The deaths were ruled accidental.
^^ MOBILE? USE VOICE MIC ^^
Please ‘LIKE’ the ‘Arlington Cardinal Page. See all of The Cardinal Facebook fan pages at Arlingtoncardinal.com/about/facebook …
Help fund The Cardinal Arlingtoncardinal.com/sponsor
THANKS FOR READING CARDINAL NEWS